Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The end is (er, was almost) nigh!

Hey gang. Sorry it's been so long. A lot happened since we last rapped.

Just before Thanksgiving I was told that my company would be shutting down on December 31st. I was angry, scared, depressed. The one thing I wasn't was surprised. And I really shouldn't have been surprised that we were given such little notice. 

But then... a Christmas miracle! At the eleventh hour I received a job offer. So while I thought I'd have to put this blog to bed and take a retail job on Long Island, I continue to have a city job that necessitates a commute and allows me to keep all baker's dozen of you readers entertained.

I've been real busy with the new job so I haven't had a whole lot of time to write. But I have had plenty to write about and I'll be posting some new stuff soon.

So fear not, I'm still commuting, sitting amongst a gaggle of middle-aged Long Islanders, shouting in the quiet car, on their way to a party. When you reach a certain age (I'm gonna say 24), you should probably stop talking publicly about how excited you are to get wasted. 

"I like to go the outlets, but I don't like to go to the outlets." Wow. Thank you for your brilliant insight. I'm so glad you shared that with the entire fucking train. 

Hope you're having a killer summer.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Glad that things worked out with the job and sorry that you weren't able to make the escape from the LIRR that we all wish we could make.

    ReplyDelete